Importing audio files:
Either drag the files into the current project window, or choose File > Import > Audio ....
Files can be imported into a new project window with File > Open....
The main formats Audiotikal plays as shipped areAIFF, AU, FLAC, MP2, MP3, OGG Vorbis and WAV.On Mac, Audiotikal as shipped can also import Apple formats like M4A (AAC) and MOV.
For most other cases (including audio from video files), you can install the optional FFmpeg library to import your file, as long as the file is not protected by Digital Rights Management (DRM).
• Press the Play button to start playback.
• Set the Recording Device either in the Devices section of Preferences or in Device Toolbar.
• Click in the Recording Meter to start monitoring as in the following image:
• Singing or playing the loudest part of what you are recording, adjust the recording level using the left-hand slider (the microphone slider) on Mixer Toolbar:
so that the moving Meter Toolbar bars do not get too close to the right-hand edge of the meter.
• Optionally, turn on Transport > Transport Options > Software Playthrough (on/off) (so it has a check mark) to hear what the recording will sound like.
• Press the Record Record button to record for real.
• Audiotikal will record until you stop the recording using the Stop button.
Selecting a region using the mous
The easiest way to select a region of audio is to click the left mouse button anywhere inside of an audio track, then drag (in either direction) until the other edge of your selection is made, then release the mouse. If Selection tool is not selected (default setting), choose from Tools Toolbar, below:
Selecting the whole of an individual track
The whole of an individual track can be selected by clicking in the Select button in the Track Control Panel to the left of a track.
Selecting the entire project
You can select the entire length of all tracks on screen with Ctrl + Aor use the shortcut